Christian Growth and Edification:
- Link to download 1560 Geneva Bible: http://www.thedcl.org/bible/gb/index.html
- Link for free download of John Piper’s book, “A Hunger for God”: http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/OnlineBooks/ByTitle/1591_A_Hunger_for_God/
- Listen to audio files from the ladies sessions at MACP (Mid-America Conference on Preaching) here: http://www.dbts.edu/5-1/5-12.asp
- Link for much helpful information regarding counseling, reconciliation, forgiveness and peacemaking: http://www.peacemakers.net/
- Link for “Back to the Bible’s” “Twelve Voices of Christmas”: http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/the-twelve-voices-of-christmas.html (you may be asked to create a login)
- Link for new hymn “Praise the Savior, Jesus Christ” from MTC, by Paul S. Jones: http://mytwocents.wordpress.com/2008/11/08/praise-our-savior-jesus-christ-will-grow-on-you/
- Coloring & activity pages for pre-school Sunday school http://www.teacherhelp.org/color.htm#bible
- Very wholesome Bible story coloring pages: http://www.gkvapeldoornzuid.nl/Kleurplaten/index.htm Even if you can’t read Dutch, you can figure out finding the right picture clicking on the Bible references.
- Excellent tool for reading through the Bible use Robert McCheyne’s Bible reading chart: http://hippocampusextensions.com/mcheyneplan/
- “Copy and paste” Bible passages from : http://www.justbible.com/
- http://ronblough.blogspot.com/ This is the blog of my friend Vicki Daniel’s dad, Ron Blough. He is a former home school dad, veteran missionary, “retired” pastor who has wisdom to share to encourage his kids [I’m sure he’d be happy to include you!] in their daily walk with the Lord.
- Go here to find out some helps with knowing your child’s learning styles from Debra Bell (A Christian veteran home school mother who is author of The Ultimate Guide to Home Schooling:http://www.debrabell.com/Debra’s%20Articles/learning_styles.htm
- http://www.donnayoung.org has all kinds of forms to print and use in your homeschool. This site includes: attendance forms, GPA forms, lessons planner pages, diplomas and more!
- Good resource for homeschooling materials at a discount (free shipping, no tax!): http://www.joyfulhomeresources.com/store/index.php
For the Little Girl in you:
- Free printable paper dolls (my daughter goes here a lot…there are a few things you have to pick through, like movie star dolls): http://marilee.us/paperdolls2.html
- Tea party (for little girls) ideas: http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birthday/feature/famf0700bdayparty/famf0700bdayparty2.html
For the Homebody in You:
- “100+ Homemade Christmas Gifts for the Craft-Impaired” http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=2846
- “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”–get, trade, get rid of stuff for free. Almost as good as “dumpster diving”, except you pay shipping. http://www.freecycle.org/
- Hints on time management, scheduling, home making: http://www.flylady.net/
- http://www.cozi.com is a free online planner. You can send a grocery list as a text message to your cell phone (or your husband’s!).
Before you forward that “forwarded forward” (tools to help the truth set you free!):
Go to http://www.wordle.net (it’s free–the images you create are free to use any way you like–you might be able to make some neat Christmas gifts this way) and insert any text (remove numbers and chapter headings for best results). You can tweak it in the colors and format you like. It will take the words and arrange them with the most prominent ones in larger fonts. It’s kinda neat. I did this one with the text about the virtuous woman in Prov 31.
The Best of Christmas Blessings to You,