7) She is disciplined.
a) 1Pe 1:13 – Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
b) II Tim. 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
8) She is unified with her comrades.
a) The unwritten, unspoken but unbreakable contract of the battlefield is “You will leave no one, dead or alive, in the hands of the enemy.” (Ecc. 4,9.10; II Tim. 4:2)
b) The “shield” in Eph. 6 served to protect each soldier individually, but was also designed to link together with those of his fellow soldiers. (Rom 12:5)
c) “One of the most fundamental truths about soldiering is that, with a few partial exceptions, like snipers, a single warrior acting alone is of very little use to the cause he is fighting for.” -National Review
9) Her Captain has a battle plan.
a) Destroy sin
- Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
- I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
b) Defeat Satan
- Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- Matt. 4:1-11 Example of using the Word to fight the adversary
c) Deliver souls
- Heb 7:25 – Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
- Mt. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (“Marching Orders”)
10) She fights from victory for victory.
a) Christ has overcome the world (John 16:33)
b) Christ has overcome the flesh in us (Gal. 5:24)
c) Christ has overcome the devil (Heb. 2:14)
d) Christ enables each of us to be victorious. (I Cor. 15:57)
A charge to keep I have, A God to glorify,
A never-dying soul to save, And fit it for the sky.
To serve the present age, My calling to fulfill:
O may it all my powers engage To do my Master’s will!
Arm me with jealous care, As in Thy sight to live;
And O Thy servant, Lord, prepare A strict account to give!